Christmas is nearly upon us and one of the quintessential sweet these days in the Mediterranean region are the nougat. This sweet, very popular in Spain and some abroad, is mainly made with almonds, sugar and honey.
The main raw material of nougat, almonds, can be of different varieties such as Marcona, Common, Largueta…, but the most popular are those made with Marcona almonds, a native variety from the Spanish east coast and considered the queen of almonds, which in addition to being the sweeter is also the most nutritious.
Marcona almonds are rich in:
– Protein: easy to assimilate.
– Fat: are more predominant monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated.
– Vitamins: rich in vitamins B1, B6 and especially vitamin E.
– Minerals: one of the richest foods in calcium (more than milk) and phosphorus. Also contains magnesium, potassium and iron.
– Trace elements: they are rich in zinc, copper and manganese.
It is therefore very suitable for:
– reduce Cholesterol
– reduce nervous system disorders such as stress, depression, mental or physical fatigue.
– reduce heart disease and arteriosclerosis.
– reduce bone diseases.
– the pregnancy and lactation.